Traditionally, the Derby Day dress code is strictly black and white, and while we usually like to bend the rules - this is one we respect. Below are some handy tips on how you can master monochrome in the most stylish way possible.
1) Tailored Women's Pant Suit: This year choose the classic tailored pant suit as believe it or not but a strong woman very attractive. Make a bold 'Bianca Jagger' style choice and opt for an all-white suit or choose a classic black reminiscent of YSL's infamous smoking suit. You can even choose to mix it up and go complete monochrome with a trendy black and white gingham pattern. Look for a blazer and pant that flatter your body shape and opt for quality, well-made labels that you can mix into your every day wardrobe afterwards.
2) Dramatic Layered Skirt : Walk into the party like you've come straight from the streets of Paris. Wear a dramatic full circle skirt with layers to add an extra oomph to your derby day outfit. Accessorise your outfit with bold belt and a fancy hat and this outfit is sure to speak for itself.
3) Inverted piping : You can wear a white mesh dress with black piping or do the opposite. The inverted piping will help enhance the outfit drastically and attract attention to the details in your outfit.
4) Glam Jumpsuit : When is it not appropriate to wear a jumpsuit to an event? Jumpsuits are easy to style, practical and fun to wear. You can style your jumpsuit with different accessorises like belt, scarf, neck-piece or a blazer. Look for one that cinches you in all the right places and ensure you find a comfortable fit for your torso's length.
5) Black dress and white accessorises Or White dress and black accessorises : This is probably the easiest tip we could share which is to mix and match your dress with various accessories. This will help to make your dress and accessorises stand out completely from the sea of monochrome on the day.